Saturday, October 6, 2007

Perigrinationings

I expect that very few people besides those who share my mitochondrial DNA [and maybe one who is married to one of those people] will ever read this blog. It doesn't matter much though because we don't get much chance to sit down and get to know each other, do we?

So, in all vanity, I'm going to make a me-oriented game [blogs are traditionally all about narcissism anyway, right?]. It will be very good for my already healthy ego, and hopefully you will all learn something about me.

Here it goes:

I have embedded in the following list 4 passionate personal dreams of mine. Leave a comment on this posting listing your four picks.

See every bird in North America
Become a professor of physics
Finally dunk a basketball
Have 9 kids
Travel to New Guinea
Have one of my pieces performed by a professional quartet
Hike Kilimanjaro
Publish in National Geographic
Win a Nobel Prize
Write the definitive particle physics popularization book

6 of these are wrong for specific reasons, and the 4 that are right do not constitute a comprehensive list of my dreams.

Let the competition begin. Winner gets an extra special surprise. MChester can't play [sorry, I know you were extremely excited].

8 comments:

MandaMommy said...

Woohoo! I got them all right.

Katie Richins said...

Dude, I'm scared to even try. I think I should know this about you, but the overlapping content of tsome of those options makes me more than a little unsure.

Do you speak to Chuckwalla the way you write? That would explain the verbosity. Just saying.

And third, but not least...well, maybe least - it's good to see that like any good disciple you are following in my footsteps. (because that is the real reason you started a blog, regardless of the irreversible damage you are single-handedly wreaking on society)

trogonpete said...

do it!! you have to try!

By the way, the subtitle in Benefactor's photo on your page is misleading.

Anonymous said...

I'm not reading others until I submit mine:

Finally dunk...
Become a professor of physics
publish in the Nat'l Geog,

and of course see every bird in North America

That's it. I know I'm right. Now...let me read the rest. Love, G of All

Katie Richins said...

Okay-

Well, not see every bird in North America because who wants to actually see all 100 million pigeons?

Yes, you dream of being a professor of physics, because you long to maintain your current "summers of freedom" status.

Dunk? Hahaaaa! You wish! So, yes, dunk. But not really.

9 kids...no, because last I knew there was probably not a limit to the amount of procreation you were willing to endure. (Martyr)

Travel to New Guinea? Nope, I think you prefer other locals.

A piece you compose being performed by a professional quartet? Yes.

Kilimanjaro? no.

National Geographic publishing? Yes, because you like the photos and you like the Nature, and I want to be published in National Geographic, too, even though I lack the skills, ability, equipment and opportunity.

Nobel Prize? For amateurs.

Writing the definitive particle physicla popularization book? Come again? I think this is NOT one of your dreams, because you know it is impossible to popularize particle physics. Say that ten times fast. Now.

trogonpete said...

dude, little mama. you're good. somehow you managed to emasculate me fantastically while scoring better than the Grandmother of All Creation [but not as well as MChes...]. That takes skill!!

thanks, by the way. For... everything.

Real said...

See every bird in North America
Become a professor of physics
Finally dunk a basketball
Travel to New Guinea
Have one of my pieces performed by a professional quartet
Hike Kilimanjaro

Anonymous said...

See every bird in North America - no
Become a professor of physics - yes
Finally dunk a basketball - no
Have 9 kids - no
Travel to New Guinea - no
Have one of my pieces performed by a professional quartet - yes
Hike Kilimanjaro - no
Publish in National Geographic yes
Win a Nobel Prize - no
Write the definitive particle physics popularization book - yes