Thursday, June 19, 2008

Montebello

I backpacked solo in Montebello friday and saturday. The lighting was unreal due to a nearby fire. Here are a few of the several hundred pictures I took on friday. I hope you like California grass. Enjoy.


At about 5pm a large cloud of smoke covered the sun.


Count my aperture blades.









As the smoke patch cleared the normal gorgeous colors came out briefly.




One of the sweat-sucking little buggers.


















I think this is a white butterfly mariposa lily.











Bees were mobbing the soap plants.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

WoW! Breathtaking-- I apparently like grass photos! I love those wild roses (?) and the lighting was surreal. Would any of those print nicely? For say, a wall?

trogonpete said...

I can get one printed for you. Or you can get it printed and I'll send you the picture. Payment: an Ickly Fattikins anecdote.

Anonymous said...

Very nice pix, dawg. What lens did you use for the short-focus closeups?

trogonpete said...

It's the tamron 90mm f2.8 macro Di SPAF blah blah blah. It's the one I was telling you about that has phenomenal bokeh and is super super sharp. They make one for Canon too.

Peg Lewis said...

These are glorious.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Fantastic. I love those.

C.

Merridy and Lucas said...

I thought only mormon women had blogs???

trogonpete said...

no, all mormon women blog. that doesn't mean they're the only bloggers. duh.